Friday, January 4, 2013

10 Miles of 365 Miles Completed

I managed to do 5 miles yesterday - 5 Miles with Leslie Sansone! It feels great to do that much! It is so easy to just get up and move. You just have to make yourself do it. I had back surgery when I was 27. I also have various medical issues to include PTSD and Fibromyalgia. I also believe I have RA but it cannot be confirmed with blood work so the doctors are trying to chalk it up to my other issues. For a long time, I felt that I was not capable of getting a decent workout. Last year, I stood on a scale and just wanted to cry. I could not believe how much I weighed. I decided that it was time to take charge of my life.
I bought an exercise bike. When I first started, I think I did two miles and wanted to die. It was so hard. For the first 6 months, I did about 30 minutes a day and got up to about 10 miles. Sadly, I was not losing any weight at all. So I decided that I had to kick it up. I started doing 21 miles (20 hard miles and 1 cool off mile). It takes me just under an hour to finish. The weight started melting off. I lost 35 lbs. And even though I knew it was coming, I was hoping that I would lose more before it happened. My body got used to riding the bike and I stopped losing weight.
While my main goal is to be healthier, I must admit that I also want to lose more weight. I took a month off of exercising, which I never should have done. I was so happy when my friend invited me to the 365 days event. It brought my motivation back that I had lost. In three days, I have completed 10 miles of walking. I plan on rotating my exercises this time so that I can be in better shape. I will be doing my bike, the walking and The Step.
I am so excited that I have started this year out right and will lose the rest of the weight that I need to lose and I will be healthier for my children!
You should do it too!!!


3 comments:

  1. You are doing great Gina! Did you do the Leslie Sansone 5 mile workout?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will edit the original text and add the link for that workout!

      Delete
  2. I think this is amazing, I am going to try and start doing the videos at home once we get back on schedule this Monday.

    ReplyDelete